I was telling everyone that you have to go to Kuala Tembeling in Jerantut to reach the park. You have to park your car and take a small boat ride to reach Kuala Tahan. Little did I realize that you can access Kuala Tembeling by car.
So we traveled by car from Temerloh to Jerantut. It took us about 1 hour. Than another hour through the winding and narrow road to Kuala Tahan, the gate to the national park. I spent one night at one of the chalet.
As it was raining throughout the day, I missed the chance to explore the park. It was ok for me, as my mission was not the park. I was part of the team of volunteers went to be with the handicapped group, the special children group.
Here are some pictures of Kuala Tahan.
| If you come by road, persona resort is the first resort you would come across. |
| The road leading to the jetty. It is a no entry road meant for pedestrians. |
| The view of river Tembeling taken from the Persona Resort |
| Across the river is the entrance to the national park. The board ride is costing RM1 , a cheap adventure. You may take the boat to the canopy walk, about 30 minutes upstream. |
| The water level is still low as it was only the beginning of the mansoon season. A boat was waiting for the coming tourists. |
At about 12 noon we departed from Kuala Tahan and promise to visit the national park when the rain season ends.
No comments:
Post a Comment